Monday 6 April 2015

The Ladyboys of Southern Europe

Here's a quick report about Southern Europe, and the ladyboys I've encountered there.

Or rather, haven't.

I have to say this part of the world doesn't seem to have that many ladyboys. In over a month of living here in Barcelona, I've only seen two.

One was a well built massage girl/hooker, of the type that scares the hell out of you when you're out on the town in Walking Street, Pattaya.

Another was much more feminine and out with her mom shopping for some new lingerie. Well I'm way too beta to make a cold approach, but she was very cute!

So two ladyboys sighted in five weeks - poor showing really. That's not to say that they don't exist. After all, the Victorians claimed there were no black swans in the world...

Then some dude went to Australia.

So what does Southern Europe have to offer if you're interested in all things Asian?

In Barcelona, I've seen a large number of Chinese people. In my neighbourhood they run stores, bars and emporiums that sell all kinds of junk. There may be plenty of single Chinese women here, although most seem to already have [Chinese ] husbands. From my limited Chinese conversational skills I've managed to determine that many of the Chinese here are from the middle or North of China, from cities like Xi'an and Wuhan. Although Chinese ladyboys do exist, they're normally from the more vibrant more free thinking coastal cities like Shanghai or Shenzhen.

One thing I haven't seen many of here are Thai people, especially Thai brides. I think that Southern European men who want exotic foreign brides tend to go to South America - Colombia especially. Colombian women can be VERY hot indeed, and of course Brazil is also known for its numerous and exotic ladyboys.

Thai restaurants are also rare here, especially when compared to the UK. Chinese restaurants do exist, but around half of them cook local, rather than Chinese food.

Maybe because the local people are generally darker skinned than their Northern European neighbours that guys here are less interested in the exotic treasures of the East.

Of course all countries have their fill of men with yellow fever, and I did spot a flier for an Asian massage joint:
Translation: Oriental girls - Young and Pretty!
One bright spot is that there are more Wechat users here. However, I've not (as of yet) seen any transsexuals on it, just Chinese immigrants and tourists, and a few Southern Europeans who have somehow discovered this nice little Chinese built chat app.


I haven't tried local dating sites. To be honest I'm getting fed up with online dating sites in general. Chinese Love Cupid closed my account for some reason, my DateInAsia account disappeared without warning, and I can't seem to keep a PoF account up for more than a fortnight without the robots who run that site thinking I'm a scammer.

There is more to life of course than dating of course, and I have to report that the food and quality of life here is great. It's safe to walk around at all hours of the day, and people seem so civilised, despite the poverty and high unemployment.

Southern Europe is also blessed with - SUNSHINE!!!
It's also much easier to come and live here with or as an immigrant - something to bear in mind if you're dating Thai ladyboys and face an impossible task getting her back to the UK, Northern Europe, Australia or the USA. Plus Barcelona, Sitges and the surrounding towns are very gay friendly. While I won't call ladyboy lovers gay, it is much better to live in a gay friendly environment than somewhere you'd face hostility or even jail just for doing your own thing.

So that's Southern Europe - what's YOUR local area like for finding and dating ladyboys?

No comments:

Post a Comment