Monday 6 April 2015

Me Need Boobs - Send Money!

We interrupt this blog to bring an urgent appeal for cash...

...my ladyboy needs boobs, and needs them fast!


So I was having a quiet night at home the other night, and suddenly my phone starts beeping at the sound of LINE instant messages accumulating.

What's up?

Well to cut a short story short, it turned out a Thai ladyboy I had once dated was urgently in need of some cash in order to get a boob job.

Why the rush?

Well Thai people live very much in the present, so I'm well used to them needing stuff, like, now. But this seemed more urgent than the usual urgent.

Now my ladyboy is one of the few Thai ladyboys who doesn't really speak much English. But from her broken English I kind of got the gist of what she was trying to tell me...

It turns out that in Thailand young "men" are drafted into the military, but there is an exemption for ladyboys. However, the Thai military have kind of wised up to young guys growing their hair long and calling themselves ladyboys. So as far as I am aware, the current definition of ladyboy is simply defined as a biological guy with a large pair of breasts.

Even being a ladyboy isn't enough to escape the draft - if there is a shortage of "guys", then any able bodied ladyboy will be drafted, whatever their chest size.

If you want a detailed look at how the Thai military draft works (and its effects on ladyboys), then have a good read of this.


Basically the draft applies to most Thai young men, although rich kids can often buy their way out of it. That leaves poor kids, and the ladyboys that you or I would normally meet in Thailand. Not everyone is drafted - what it basically comes down to is a lottery.

I feel sorry for those drafted - especially as they face the prospect of being deployed to the frontlines in Thailand's forgotten war in the far South of the country.

If you're dating or intending to date a young Thai guy or ladyboy, well the draft and possibly how to avoid it is something to think about...

Too "big" to serve? I'd like to see my ladyboy with her new boobs, but I'm not sure I need to be financing them...
Anyway, whether I would or wouldn't fund something like this, well I'd need to think about it for a few days anyway. Having done a bit of reading there's no guarantee that being a ladyboy is guaranteed to make somebody avoid the draft anyway. And if I paid for a boob job, I'd kind of feel responsible for this ladyboy's future psychological welfare. Getting gender realignment surgery is a big step, even in a country like Thailand where ladyboys are so numerous.

Also this particular ladyboy is also more of a chat buddy these days, and I really don't like getting into the business of lending money to friends (or anyone else for that matter).

Oh what the hell, I'm far too tight to give my money away, especially as I've worked so hard to earn it in the first place. I burned out of my last job, and the one before that, so I'm well aware of the price of money.

After a while it got me thinking though. Ladyboys need around 50,000 Thai baht for a boob job. That's not a huge sum in the Western world - about £950, €1200 or $1500. Maybe I should set up some sort of Kickstarter site to allow interested parties to crowd fund ladyboy boob jobs. After all, a ladyboy with a boob job has much better earning potential than one without, so the chance of getting your money back (maybe with interest or other benefits) is pretty high.

How about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment