Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Day of 100 Ladyboys

Yesterday I'm pretty sure I saw 100 ladyboys. As a long time resident of Bangkok, even I was taken aback by just how numerous ladyboys are here.

And I'm not talking about ladyboys who work in Bangkok's sex industry either. I'm talking about legit ladyboys with legit 9-5 jobs. Or 9-9 jobs more like. I've visited a few countries in my time, but Thai people seem to work the longest hours of all. My friend here found a really cute girl to date. But she works 14 hours a day in a restaurant, so their options for dating are rather limited. But I digress. Back to ladyboys...

The first couple of ladyboys I saw were on the BTS SkyTrain that runs down the middle of Bangkok's most important road.

It's very common to see ladyboys on the BTS, so if you're in Bangkok then keep your eyes open for them. Usually they have the best legs of any ladies in the train carriage!

After that I went to the MBK shopping mall for lunch, and I also wanted to buy some new headphones for my iPod.

MBK is a good place to go if you want to buy souvenirs or just about anything else while you're in Bangkok. There's also some good food to be had on the top floor. I'm a big fan of the burger place there that does a cheap Mr Beef meal. Plus there's a pretty good Vietnamese café there as well, serving up authentic Vietnamese favourites.

To get to MBK, just take the BTS to National Stadium - the terminal station for the Silom line. Actually you can also walk from Siam station - it's only around 10 minutes away on foot.

Most of MBK's ladyboys are to be found on the 4th floor where they mostly work in the little shops that sell electronic goods and new phone numbers for your mobile phone. Most are young and are around 21-28 years of age. Ideal dating material then.

If you see any you like, then don't be afraid to approach them! Ladyboys find it exceedingly hard to find boyfriends who want anything more than just short-time sex. Most Bangkok ladyboys seem to be single.

If you're too shy to cold approach them then use a mobile chat tool to seek them out online first then break the ice. Wechat or Skout will be good for this.

While in MBK I also saw two guys and a ladyboy who were of about high school age. That kind of got me thinking about why ladyboys decide to become ladyboys and not just regular teenage guys. Most ladyboys I've talked to say they wanted to become a ladyboy from an early age.

Anyway, it was just so cool to see two young guys hanging round with their mate who'd decided to become a ladyboy and wear girl clothes.

Later I went to another Bangkok shopping mall - Terminal 21 in Asok. This is a great place to spot high class ladyboys who have professional jobs or rich boyfriends!

I ate in the food court - just 27 baht for cashew chicken and rice. At the next table was a glamorous older ladyboy who obviously had a pretty good office based job.

If you're interested in dating ladyboys for longer term relationships, then these are the ladies you need to be seeking out!

So all in all an interesting day out and again it was just amazing to see that ladyboys are just a normal part of everyday life in Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment